There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Sometimes you roll back to your abode in search of something to munch on and realize, "shit, I shoulda gone grocery shopping," or "shit, I should go grocery shopping." Seeing as I was aware of the possibility of the first before entering my digs, I could have fast-tracked to the second. But things just don't always work that way.

Of course, you should never go shopping hungry they say. You'll come back with things you don't need. Maybe even things you don't want. It's a shame that the mind is always shopping and things fall on and off that grocery list, often with no right to be there. Which then means at times they have no right not to be.

Right now my mind aches to add whiskey to its list, knowing that this will conflict with other items on there that might be deemed more important. Ah, but you see, who is it that is afforded the authority as arbiter of importance?

Another item of importance might be milk. But then humans are the only humans to consume the milk of another animal, and to do so after very early stages of development. There's a lot of information out there. We're just trying to sift through it. The grocery list gets long.

And anyway, I think milk gives me gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.