There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bills Bills Bills

No, I'm not talking about Destiny's Child, I'm talking about Marshawn Lynch and company. As I type, the Bills are on their way to starting the season 4-0, and if you've been following the Bills at all, that hasn't happened in a while. It's tough following the Bills, and not just because they so frequently lose heartbreaker games, they just don't get a lot of airtime when you live in the New York [City] metro area. So I suppose I can be thankful for the internet providing me viewing access rather than sitting watching a box score update that gives me no real idea about the flow of the game.

I'm actually not that huge of a football fan, at least when you compare me to a lot of my friends. I used to be a sports fanatic, embracing the lazy Sunday especially, but I have to admit my general sports knowledge has fallen off precipitously, though I am doing my best to get back into it. In unrelated news, this is one of the more hilarious articles/potential criminal charges I've seen.

I can't recall whether I actually managed to post about it, but advertisers and TV execs are in my head, musically at least. It's as if they have access to my playlists. The most recent surprise spotting, a horrendous cover of Morrissey's Everyday is Like Sunday in an NFL commercial. It's not as if I think I am the only person listening to songs like this, I just find the timing to be interesting. This would be better corroborated with additional musicological evidence, but the other references I had were old and if I managed to write them down, I have no idea where they would be. Actually, bam, just confronted by another example, The Silversun Pickups in a Chevy commercial. Appears I'm just a bit too mainstream.

This post sucks. Happy 5769 just a bit early to all the Jews. Borai P'ree Ha-Gofen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.