There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

People in Glass Apartments...

Who also happen to live in my building, get down with some crazy shit apparently. I was walking out to get myself some groceries the other day when I noted a gaping hole in a window at the other end of my floor in my building. How many times can I say my building? The thing is, I am pretty sure this apartment is rented by a couple with two small children. Perhaps now they only have one...But honestly these are some heavy-duty windows and it would take quite serious force to break them. What I'm saying is, I want to know what happened, and how I could not have noticed.

Just days ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the viral sensation "I hope this gets to you." I think the song is pretty delightful, and it even had this little story behind it, complete with Katy Perry finding out about it and sending a lot of attention the way of the song. The video is nifty too, reminiscent of perhaps some Labyrinth-era David Bowie and by that I mean a scene in Labyrinth pretty unrelated to David Bowie.

So it's a feel-good story until the sleuth work of an anonymous friend (and no, that is not a reference to google, but I believe he used that along with other social networks, those in real and fake life) uncovered some damning details. The woman behind the man who created the song is a student at Duke's Fuqua School of Business, where she is pursuing her MBA. It turns out she has, allegedly, been pursuing some other mba's (male boner assessments) down in Durham. I am saying allegedly because I don't want to be liable for libel. It's really not very nice to be even raising the rumor here on this blog, but man, somehow I had to.

The "girlfriend" is a student at Duke's Fuqua School of Business where she is pursuing her MBA, and has received several of her classmates mba's (male boner assessments). It seems then, that there is some bull going on in Durham. Now, I can't say whether the frontman to the band was aware of his girlfriend's infidelity and I might feel bad about bringing it to light, but I don't have quite the dilemma of Vince Vaughn, seeing as I do not know this fellow. Also, so few people read this blog, that, unlike his song, news is unlikely to get to him. Either he knows and it was all a marketing sham, or he doesn't know and his relationship is a sham. Again, this is all on alleged information. I'd make a bad journalist at this rate.

In happier news, I saw Lissie in concert the other day and good googley moogley that girl rocks it. She can sing her ass off, and just has so much soul, character, and depth. I'm saying I like the chick. I'm saying I would date her, if she'd only have me. But I'll settle for her continuing to make awesome music and continuing to do wonderful covers. I linked to a couple of them before I believe, so clicking the old Lissie label should take you there.

I'm a stickler for grammar, but there isn't a chance in Hell I've proofread this. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.