There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Preemptive Punxsutawney Phil Post

February 2nd, aka Groundhog Day is just around the corner, and considering that spring officially doesn't begin until March 20th or 21st, I think six more weeks of winter might be a guarantee irregardless (love those nonsense words that sneak into the dictionary through overuse of their misuse. When will my beloved believance join the fray?) of Phil seeing his shadow. Stationed briefly on the east coast, I can see the effects of a harsh winter with the snow piled mountainously and another storm allegedly on the way in hours. Yesterday, that being Sunday, the climate did make for quite perfect snowball snow and I was able to explore my waning athleticism as I struggled with my brother to hit various street signs. Mercifully I am not sore today, as that would have been some true, though light-hearted, embarrassment.

And after that action-packed opening I believe I should transition to further diminishing vitality. In other words, I am tired, but feel good about cranking out at least four posts per month. Would I prefer they be well-constructed? Sure, but it's simply not a reality and it would limit these recurring instances of my analyzing my failure to spawn content as opposed to simply writing content. And without that, I just might not be content.

One thing I can do is to take a moment to appreciate that to be using the internet is a privilege as, at the moment, those in Egypt have no such luxury. They are, it would appear, feeling e-gipped. That's a repeat and slight modification of a joke I posted to Twitter, but assuming you don't follow me there (could they have chosen a creepier descriptor?) it will be new to you. Stay warm and get some supplies those of you in areas of alleged incoming storms, just in case. This entry has snowballed from bad to worse. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.