There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Man v. Security

In a week's time the strongest recollection in my brain at this moment is the triumph a friend and I made over the security device placed around the lid of a legitimately purchased bottle of scotch. The device, meant to be removed with a specific magnetic key, can be seen below:



The internet being what it is, I expected to find some intrepid and enterprising methods at removal sans prescribed key. But all that I could find spoke to plenty of potential for damaging the bottle. In the end, all it took was a serrated meat knife, a couple of screwdrivers for leverage, and some faith. The triumph was due almost entirely to this unnamed friend but I am always unsure whether to name human acquaintances of mine in here, but the sentiment is there: the victory was mine only in afterward enjoying said scotch.

I heard that new Katy Perry song today, as I have before, the one with Kanye West, and where she comes in at the near chorus moment, I couldn't help but think of T.A.T.U.'s hit "All the Things She Said." The cadence and rhythm more than anything are what remind me, and it's not really as close as a lot of the connections I tend to note in here, but one triggers the other just the same. Perhaps a bit more of my associative brain than melodic theft or even influence.

At any rate, I'm tired just having watched the Thunder beat the Grizzlies, so I'm going to trundle off to bed. Rest well ye weary internet travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.