There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Culture Without Pop Culture

I'm probably playing a broken record here, but the quantity of information on the internet never ceases to amaze and sometimes even overwhelm me. And despite my stumbling upon (no not Stumbleupon) many things here and there, I am continually surprised at my lackluster knowledge of current events. This includes actual relevant news and even all manner of pop culture. As for the former, I've been sadly aloof for some time, but with regard to the latter it's a bit of a shock as I'm usually so on the ball with dopey celebrity news, things like the Jared Leto weight gain and loss I was chatting with a friend about yesterday.

And as I've mentioned before, music is one of these realms as well as I'd never heard of Danity Kane until minutes ago, and I really feel I was better off not knowing. They were even chart-toppers as long ago as 2006. I suppose it's because of my old-fashioned ways and general aversion to reality TV, minus Top Chef. Double eff Danity Kane for being affiliated with Diddy whose involvement in the murder of Tupac seems more and more confirmed as per the article I linked a couple of days ago.

Back to Jared quickly, I have to wonder at the success of his band 30 Seconds to Mars. Note that that video has over twelve million views and yet I find this track from The Used has a scant 33,000 despite it being, by my own estimation somewhat similar in sound, albeit much better. I am an admitted fan of The Used, in spite of their Mormon roots, but it's not like they are publicity or popularity starved, especially given the past relationship between leadman Bert McCracken and Kelly Osbourne about which McCracken is likely still questioned to this day.

And that's a wrap for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.