There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Worthy of Its Own Post? I Think So.

I'd meant to drop a link to this article on Hilary's campaign strategy on Friday, but either ran out of time or forgot.

My favorite line might have been this gem from Tom Vilsack, former Iowa Governor and Co-Chair of the Clinton campaign:
“I think the Clinton campaign has had a strategy on focusing on the states that are going to be important in November --in states that are large in population and in diversity of population. And that strategy has worked at this point.”
That is one Hell of a strategy. I wouldn't want to offend by calling it common sense. I do think it would be funny if someone from one the crap, unimportant states were to come across that quote and be offended.

My other favorite nugget was this:
Vilsack also pointed to a Pew Research survey released yesterday that showed some Democrats defecting to vote for John McCain if Obama is the nominee. The poll shows Obama leading Clinton by nine points nationwide, and leading McCain by seven points in a general election match up. But twice as many white Democrats would vote for McCain in a head-to-head match up with Obama than those who would vote Republican against Clinton. The poll also showed that older, less educated and lower-income voters were all more likely to vote for McCain if Obama is the nominee.
Maybe the headline should read, "Study shows dumb old poor people more likely to vote for McCain rather than black man; Democrats twice as racist as they are sexist." I mean, let's not mince words and beat around the bush. I don't need the truth about the American mentality buttered up for me. I also take all polls with an enormous grain of salt. Salt is pretty tasty, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.