There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Whistle [On Your Way to] Work

As I was walking to work today (yes, I've noted it before, but I'll note it again, an inordinate amount of my content concerns my commute) I was listening as usual to some iPod jams. A tune came on that either contained whistling, or that I deemed whistle-worthy, as soon I found myself whistling. This was surprising because it was gloomy and I would rather have stayed at home and, on a more pressing note, I had a fairly strong urge to defecate. Now defecate is an ugly word in my estimation, I think "crap," "shit," "dump," "deuce," and "poo" as well as presumably many others all strike me as less vulgar. Anyway, there I was whistling when I noticed another whistle joining me. Now, I guess this isn't that unusual, except that I realized I couldn't remember the last time I heard anyone whistling as I traversed the streets of NYC. And I'll be damned if it wasn't suspicious that this guy started whistling when I did. I further noted that he was whistling a similar, if not the same tune to me. In fact, it seemed as if perhaps he was performing an echo or time delay of my own whistle. It was kind of like Joe Satriani vs Coldplay except that I didn't write the original tune I was whistling and there aren't millions of dollars involved and, okay, not really a lot of similarities, except somebody copying someone else and that someone else not knowing but wondering if it was intentional.

The rest of this post was going to be about poop, but I think I've decided to cut it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.