There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Eldrick's Secret

So for the first time ever I watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. And then I watched it again. And again. I mean, I've certainly appreciated a model here or there, dating back to the days before my high school supercrush Laetitia Casta. [Clearly I was not the only person to feel this way.] But my multiple views and appreciation weren't accounted for by just my newfound love of winter-hat wearing Erin Heatherton nor the cherub-face and perfect imperfection of Abbey Lee Kershaw's teeth. No, I was also captivated by the musical selections.

Honestly watch this mash-up of Message in a Bottle and Sex is on Fire and the strange bellhop choreography and tell me it doesn't bring a smile to your face. Incorporating some cow bell in there with it just really gets it done. And the mash-up of Same Old Song and Use Somebody that followed it simply raised it to a whole other level. Hell I was even enjoying the Black-Eyed Peas in there. Am I supposed to hyphenate that? Ah, the little things in life.

On a slightly different surrounded-by-beautiful-women note, we have Tiger, aka Eldrick, Woods. Now I have never been much of a Tiger fan, but I did somewhat respect his golf skills, even if I consider it a strange activity to excel at. The thing was, and is, that he always struck me as bland and boring. But what do I know? And when you're carrying on multiple long-term liaisons, your life is probably anything but boring (even if you yourself might be). Yes, it's pretty hard to avoid the whole Tiger affair news and all the accumulated and slowly-released damning evidence. In terms of hilarious soundbytes, this one is pretty good. Even when he is allegedly frantic he strikes me as bland. But then, I'm probably pretty guilty of being a drab and monotone phone conversationalist on those occasions I actually use one.

So of course, there will certainly continue to be no shortage of Tiger new stories, spoofs, etc but, amidst all that coverage, I think Stephen A. Smith covers it in like a fashion in which you should probably listen. The first bit is about Allen Iverson, so just jump to the middle once the podcast loads if you'd only like to hear his opinion on Tiger.

So right I'm tired as shit and needing to detox from/sleep off a multi-day cookie, booze, and deep-dish binge so y'all take care now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.