There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Rise of the Demise

Normally I wouldn't be blogging on back-to-back days, but with Brittany Murphy's passing this morning, it certainly got me thinking and I felt as if a topic like this deserves its separate piece. To me, celebrity and athlete deaths seem to be on the rise of late. Now I'm not sure if it's simply greater coverage by the media creating this false perception in my head, or simply short-sightedness created by the passing of both Chris Henry and Brittany Murphy in the past three days. Both, I would say, passed away under rather unusual conditions. That is not to say that the circumstances surrounding the end of life should ever be considered normal, but there always seems to be a lot more going on than we have any idea about in these situations. And while it is intriguing and they are celebrities and meant to be comfortable in the public eye, everybody deserves a little privacy now and then. So no speculation here, just a couple of shots of them both enjoying life while they were still living it.





In unrelated news I was prank called today. I didn't know people still did that, which is probably very much related to the prevalence of caller ID. You never have to answer the phone when a phone number says "restricted," but since it was a Sunday, I was intrigued. We're always intrigued. My best guess says an androgynous human of mid-to-late teen years. How it is they managed to get my phone number I don't rightly know. I think I turned out a pretty boring prank anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.