There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Great Googley Moogley

Lately people have been scaling the side of my building like ninjas. It's less cool than it sounds.

I was at Chipotle the other night, which I sometimes talk shit about but really it's perfectly fine you can just usually get local Mexican that is tastier, for cheaper, especially in this city. As for cheaper, this is especially the case when it is $1.80 for guacamole to be added to my burrito, considering I can buy about two avocados for that. But hey, supply and demand. The one thing I didn't demand from my burrito was diarrhea, but the next morning it was delivered anyway, free of charge. Things have a way of balancing out.

I actually thought I'd grown immune to Mexican-induced diarrhea because I eat Mexican so frequently, but how wrong I was. Taco Bell done got me real good last night. In my haste to return home, I neglected to get fire sauce, but it would appear this may have been for the best. I have also decided I am the most popular person in the Wrigleyville Taco Bell after 3am on weekends. I'd say if you're reading, feel free to come talk to me next time you see me there, but a) you wouldn't be reading, and b) if you're the kind of person who would be talking to me in the wee hours at Taco Bell, you'll do it regardless of goading here. It's a great scene, I think, despite being a chain, it really brings the community together. That that community is a hodgepodge of under-aged and/or overly intoxicated individuals is an asterisk not really a scarlet letter.

Before I forget, and because I like to promote awesome shit my friends do when I know about it, here's a link to a video my friend Bridget shot for the Future Islands track "Tin Man". I like it very much, I hope you will too.

Further promotion for my new buddy Jeff Ringgenberg, whose story and whatnot you can follow here. I like Jeff because his priorities fall heavily in line with a lot of my own and he has that thing there seems to be a pretty fair amount of out here in the midwest: genuinicity. Yeah, throw that in the to-be-released dictionary. Also, I think he's going to really be doing some funny stuff and laughter is goddamned medicine. He has and will have shows, so you can find that all there and follow him on Twitter if that is your thing. I also exist on Twitter, over here, if you don't already get too much of me. I don't really use Twitter as it is meant to I don't think, but nonetheless.

Trying to bring this verbosity to a close, pretty soon I have a feeling Google will run my life autonomously for me. It's started with google saying I'm online when I'm not via the old gmail. Also, I noted when I did a google search the other day it included results related specifically to people in my contact list (something I don't actually have, I just rely on the memory dealio where once you get or write a few emails to someone it remembers the contact automatically). That and the moron check I noted maybe a month ago where, when I typed the word "attach" in my email, it noted that I had not actually attached anything, and wanted to know if I would like to. Om-effin-g.

Oh, and watch Three Times, at least the first two vignettes. I didn't watch the third yet myself, but the first two, especially the first, is really, really, awesome. I might need a new adjective of appreciation. Still, Shu Qi is one of the biggest babes of all time, and Chang Chen is just tight. Count it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.