There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Slipped a Mickey

Today it came out that yet another track athlete is a drug cheat or, I should say, apparent drug cheat. Lashawn Merritt, 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist in the 400m, tested positive for some steroid I've never heard of. Athletes always claim they were sabotaged or that it was the ingredient in something they were innocently using. In the article I read in the Washington Post, Merritt claims the steroid was an ingredient in OTC male-enhancement pillExtenze. It'll be a long hard road to redemption for Merritt.

Some say we are in the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. In homage to that era, back in the day I think it was refreshing and realistic that even Mickey contemplated offing himself. Credit to Tom Meagher for the link, some time ago now.

With over six million views I guess this Asian kid singing Whitney Houston is a pretty known quantity, but in case you've missed it, hella tight. Speaking of Asia, I feel like I posted/uploaded this image before, but just in case here it is again:



Oh, and while I use either Firefox or Safari, my buddy Osbourne alerted me to all of these alternate web browser choices.

So basically I posted some links. I also had a celebrity sighting of Lebron James in a bar/club last night. He was wearing sunglasses indoors, which I sometimes do. Do I think this connects us, no, but it is a statement of fact. And as a matter of fact, I've got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.