There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Milestones

While my last post marked the Denver area code citation, I managed to not realize I'd hit the Frank Miller comic-inspired movie about Sparta mark. This isn't really that big of a deal considering some folks compile that many posts in a year, or far less, but sometimes you need to adopt some kind of marker, and so I'll make this note and move on.

There's a stupid ad on TV right now for IBM and they're running on The Seine. It might not even be that stupid, but I tend to hate all advertising and I have the sound off so it really doesn't make much sense. Running on The Seine does though, something I was able to do on a couple of occasions. Running through Paris in general is a delight. While generally I'd prefer some trails, since Paris is a wonderful, foreign-to-me, place chock full of history — and yet, due to its fame, familiarity — it makes for an amazing feeling. Like, "Hey, isn't that Notre Dame," or "Hey, isn't that the Eiffel Tower." I imagine that someone coming to America and running in New York or even Chicago might say the same, but I am one of those you can file under "intrigued by the other."

A week has passed since the above took place and now my cat is questioning why he has yet to make it into this blog, not realizing that it is indeed a privilege to be forgotten here. But no more, Noodles, welcome to the Internet (though I know you Skype on here when I leave the damn thing open). My keyboard is hairy enough without the fuzzy bastard, but so it goes.

Anyway, that seems to be quite enough for the moment, marking this post more eventful than the entire third season of Downton Abbey thus far. I mean I know it's a period piece, but an exclamation point wouldn't hurt. Hell, I'll settle for a question mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.