There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sinus Out

Generally I'm lucky enough not to be afflicted by illness, just bizarre lower leg pains and injuries and occasional bouts of whatthefuckiswrongwithourworld. Speaking to the latter I get both the "then" and "now" strains, and hell I'm not immune to the future one either. But when I am afflicted by traditionally defined illness, it tends to be my sinuses. Turns out it's not that fun to be under pressure and it makes me glad I don't have other afflictions of the head. Which is to say: headaches, migraines, and others of the ilk. There's plenty else wrong with my head.

At any rate, let's head on over to these by the time I've gotten around to posting them no longer recent WBEZ ads about making babies, like the one below.

First of all, babies are created not made. What's that you say, those are synonyms? I agree. I just felt like making a very idiotically contentious statement in order to make my actual criticism seem less ridiculous. Apparently some folks in the LGBT community felt these ads were exclusionary, but no one seems to be put out (truthfully I didn't google very hard) by the contention that listening to WBEZ makes you smart. I mean, it's a good association to make from the WBEZ standpoint. "Hey listeners, you already listen? Cool, well we're saying you're smart." And if you don't listen, it's all, "Well shouldn't I go and listen to this radio station so I'll be perceived as smart?" Or maybe it's, "Eff you WBEZ, I don't listen to your station, and I'm still smart." Actually, it's probably none of these because I'm already tired of my own analysis. Too bad (good thing) radio waves make you infertile.

I had all this shit I was going to say about puns, but I just said shit and so I should go clean up my language.

I suggest you take this opportunity to go nerm. Don't know what nerming is? That's because, aside from being some sort of chemistry event, a DJ, and a poorly defined and reviewed entry in urban dictionary, I thought it was a word I made up. I suppose not, even if my definition has yet to land on the internet. It seems a reasonable certainty it'll stay that way.

Right, time to go before this blows more than my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.