There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mile End

Right then, the "b" in "blog" is not supposed to be for boring. In my jobquest I often find myself stumbling upon blogs when I research companies or just google something inane; some quite poor, some quite wonderful. It made me take a step back and read some of my own entries and that's quite enough self-consciousness, back to the entry. Also no more talking shit about other blogs, just promotion and complaining about my day-to-day life. I'm glad we had this little pep talk.

Very late last night, which would be this morning, I stumbled (I seem to do a lot of stumbling) upon "The Midwest Teen Sex Show" (MTSS). Quotes, or italics? I've only watched the first couple of videos, but I really loved this one on abstinence. It's a forum or more of a jump-off point for dialogue about sex. Sex talk is not nearly as taboo as it was even fifteen years ago it seems like. Or maybe I just didn't get some of the jokes then. No, the ability to hold open discussion of sex has definitely increased greatly in my lifetime. Same goes for poop to an extent - as far as the taboo business - but not everyone wants to engage in an open discussion of it with me at all times. But they'll still watch two girls, one cup. So yes, a virtual high-five to this Nikol chick for promoting greater sexual discussion and keeping a sense of humor on the matter.

Somewhere on the MTSS site I am sure they discuss that sex is perfectly healthy and normal. As I read in Wired recently, the same cannot be said for your powerbar. Personally I had a brief addiction to Zone bars, but my love affair dwindled after I noticed I seem to be mildly allergic to the processed soy contained in all of our beloved supplement bars. Soy milk totally fucks me up, and I love the cow stuff, even if it is probably killing me and has yet to be confirmed. This is just another in a long line of stupid things I am allergic too that includes: kiwi, peaches, plums (together, stone fruits), carrots, and raw almonds. I can eat all of these foods when cooked, including soy, and I've yet to discover the common link.

Last night I also went Rancid crazy, putting that video for Time Bomb down as nostalgia central. I think you can see an Op Ivy logo/album cover in one of the video's panning shots, as well as what looks like The Specials ska man. Greatest for me, however, is a shot or two that shows a building that says Streitz Matzos (couldn't find a good link, but just check out Passover some time). I also didn't mind a quick shot of girls in plaid skirts.

I'll also take this opportunity to reference Anvil!, a documentary recently premiered at Sundance that has been very well received (even by Robert Redford if you watch that video). Since I did fall asleep to Metallica's And Justice for All… every night for the better part of a year in middle school, I might just have to see a documentary devoted to the alleged fathers of speed metal. Oh Metallica, there' really is nothing quite like Blackened to put a twelve year-old to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.