There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Moment of Silence

I just got a text message from a friend to tell me that Heath Ledger had passed. Up to the minute sources have it covered here and here. I feel no need to give the rundown of the specifics as it is covered there and I am sure many other places, and will be covered much more to follow.

When things like this happen, even in my generally less-than-serious blog I have to take a step back. I think almost any loss of life is tragic, especially at such a young age, and it is unfortunate that so many talented celebrities seem to have gone this route. Just the other day I was watching the The Explorers and I was reminded of the passing of River Phoenix. Countless others have been lost, be it suicide or accidental death. Each time I hope that others (not just celebrities) will learn from these incidents, but so many times it is difficult to know the destructive behaviors going on in even the lives of those we care most deeply about. Heath will be missed by many fans, but it is his child and other remaining family that I feel for most. Best to all of them, and an attached photo in tribute to the departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.