There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Intergalactic Planetary

After looking over the title of yesterday's entry I noted that I had entitled another recent entry "Sleepy." This may represent some form of pattern and I plan to adopt an earlier bedtime.

All I really wanted to drop down on the comp screen tonight was this crazy little proposition from Akoo International where you will be able to control what you watch on TV even in public places like bars and um, bars. This is only getting one step closer to the kind of crazy targeted ads and other nonsense portrayed in Minority Report that I feared at the time might one day come to fruition. It's like the way I joke about not getting an iPod until they devise a way to implant it directly into my body and songs can be selected based on mind-reading technology. And speaking of Minority Report, looks as if we might get a bit of the picture-touch technology we see Tom Cruise fool around with in the crime lab. Not too surprising given iPod and iPhone touch technology perhaps, but sort of nifty nonetheless.

The other thing I wanted to mention, which I think I covered in the past but can't be sure, is Virgin Galactic. Yes, everyone's favorite crazy millionaire Richard Branson has a plan to send your ass to outerspace. It's supposed to be unveiled by 2008, with commercial service to ensue 12-18 months later. I think I'll hold off for the time being.

And there it is, I got out the little silly tidbits rolling around my head. Some of them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.