There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Friday, February 29, 2008

I Had a Point

When I opened up this browser window I had every intention of writing something in particular. Unfortunately, by the time I got back to it, I forgot what that was. So, for posterity I'll just reference a couple of today's news events and chide myself for being forgetful.

It turns out rocker Prince, the famed artist whose nuts get licked pretty regularly by other musical artists, is in the market for a hip replacement. I didn't even know he was fifty, or 5'3" for that matter, let alone in need of a hip replacement. Make no mistake though, I am not hating on Prince. He's a fairly righteous dude with some pretty sweet songs and his performance at the Superbowl last year was probably about the best halftime show I watched, not that that says much. So best wishes Prince. Get well soon.

Also, in the realm of dorkdom, seems that JK Rowling — creator of Harry Potter in the event the name escapes you — has blocked the publication of the Harry Pottery Dorktionary. Copyright on that dorktionary jazz. Honestly I found that article slightly confusing. I couldn't really grasp certain particulars about the nature of the copyright infringement, but that probably had to do with my state of mind while reading it. The gist of it is JK Rowling and, more to the point Warner Brothers who seems to have an awfully large stake in Rowling's intellectual property ownership, doesn't want some n00b cashing in on the immensely profitable new nerd dialect she has created. It actually seems reasonable, but I can't help thinking they just need to open up the dialogue. And if you think I am making fun of Harry Potter fans (only specific ones that I can point out if you ever see me on the street) with all this nerd and dork talk, I probably am, but remember, I've read the entire Wheel of Time Series.

Anyway, that's enough news for the moment as I close with one of my favorite videos of all time. Trust me, if these Michael Owen highlights to the tune of New Order don't give your shivers you aren't human. I was tempted to use one of my favorite terms of the moment there: automaton. Great word. Cheers folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.