There are so many intelligent and articulate people covering the hard-hitting
issues in our country these days, that I felt it was my duty to cover the
rather inconsequential bullshit that tends to make up the vast majority of
our lives. Actually, I'll just be griping a lot which, if you weren't aware,
doubles as a synonym for complaining, and as a descriptor for
a sharp pain in the bowels.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blogsphemy

In a video interview on Costas Now (a TV show I didn't know existed), Pulitzer Prize-winning author Buzz Bissinger (who I'd actually never heard of) gives his opinion about bloggers. The first ten minutes are here and I'd love to see the rest. Credit goes to Eamonn Brennan courtesy of Yahoo! Sports. Sure Bissinger is mainly discussing sports bloggers, but he claims not to read blogs and seems to have a great disdain for the medium of blogging in general and Brennan sums up pretty well what makes Bissinger's irate state ridiculous. Man does he get irate though, and it's pretty sweet.

Speaking of sweet, these cakes look like a decent reason to move to Davis, California. Who doesn't like ice cream cake? Plus, it's sunny California, it's one of the most bikable cities in the US, and it's got this tight arboretum. Why don't I live in Davis?

Initially I started this post in the interest of proving myself correct regarding a certain matter. Years ago I had been mentioning to someone how I used to wear Izod clothing, and that it was an offshoot of Lacoste. They told me I was quite clearly wrong and, while I am often mistrusting of my own memory, Wikipedia once again saves the day. Now that I think of it, this dispute may have been in the last year and in regard to the Izod Center, home of the New Jersey Nets. I actually didn't need Wikipedia for this one as I uncovered this article of clothing in the basement of my parents' home.

I wore that shit all the time when I was a real littler kid and damnit all I'd still be wearing it if I hadn't gone and growed up so much.

I'm fading fast in this post-midnight hour, but before I go I need to get this British skit out of my system and, also, the Salmon Dance. The Salmon Dance I credit to good pal the Boneyard and while it may not do it for you, it makes me want to get up off my gimpy ass and dance. Every party or bar I show up at, once I am fully operational that is, I want people to be doing the Salmon Dance. If Soulja Boy can do it, why not the Chemical Brothers?

Last thing: As I was just on the ticketmaster website, searching for tickets to an event, I was brought to one of those Captcha screens. I couldn't help but note the option for the vision impaired where, if you click the appropriate link, the Captcha will be read out to you. I think you can see where I'm headed with this but, just in case: if you can see the link that provides audio assistance, why would you need to click it? In other words: you can't be blind to see the link, but you have to be blind to in order to have any use for the link. Seems like a regular old Catch-22 to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by…you stay classy Planet Earth.